The Poets

You know that feeling when you learn a new word in the dictionary? You've only just increased your vocab by a mere word, but all of a sudden you start seeing that word everywhere. Signboards, newspapers, advertisements, books, websites and even hearing it on TV and in conversations. It's not that those words weren't there before, but it didn't make sense to you previously. It was a jumble of letters that you ignored. A hum that didn't register. Now that the word makes perfect sense, it fits snugly like the missing piece of a jigsaw puzzle. And you begin to feel satisfied that finally, you've found that last piece.

That's the same feeling when God shows you the meaning to a Sign. You start seeing it everywhere you go and in everything you do. You start being conscious of Him constantly because of those Signs. His Signs. You feel like God is speaking to you directly. And only you. Others do not see what you see, even if you try explaining it to them. Again, it's not that those Signs weren't there before, but it didn't make sense to you previously. Now that they bring meaning, you can see them vividly. You have a sense of fulfillment that finally, you've found that last piece.

This is how I feel. It didn't take long for me to wonder, "Have I really found the last piece?" How can I say I've found the final piece, when I never knew I lost it in the first place? How many more pieces am I missing? How many more pieces do I not know of? And then I realized that the pieces won't come looking for me. Instead, it is me who has to go looking for it. "Verily the Signs are clear for those who can think." [Q:030:021] "We have made the Signs clear to you so that hopefully you will use your intellect." [Q:057:017] "Then which of the favors of your Lord shall you deny?" [Q:055:013].

As our boxes, our hearts and our trust in God open up; we are faced with new challenges. We meet those with different cultures, lives, dreams and views. We meet those reluctant to feel the earth, taste the rain, lean naturally to the sun, growing to the light of God’s mercy. As we share this road of life, shall we not share this gift of hope in the way that it was shared by the Prophets of the past, with their people?

2 comments:

  1. An-Nisa'; 4:100.
    Allah is always there for you, At-Taubah; 9:40

    Alhamdulillah:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dictionary part =p

    ReplyDelete